Admit it you have had a food dream involving soft and fluffy pancakes. A dream where no matter how much you eat the stack of pancakes never shrinks. The visions of fluffy, buttery, and syrup coated goodness dance in your head. Most times I imagine you reach for a box of pancake mix. Do you realize how simple it is to make a great fluffy pancake? This pancake recipe is a winner in so many ways it hits the mark of the perfect pancake profile (taste, texture, fluff, and weight).
Double Fluffy Pancakes
- 1 cup A.P flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp. Granualated Sugar
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Combine wet ingredients and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix as it will deflate your pancakes.
- Allow batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Ladle out the batter onto a preheated lightly oiled griddle or heavy bottom skillet or cast iron pan.
- The pancake is ready to flip when the bubbles in the batter have stopped appearing and the edges of the pancake have started to dry out.
- Turn the Pancake over gently and don’t bother with the theater flip made for tv. This can deflate your pancake.
- Give your pancake a few minutes to cook after you flip.
- Adjust heat for the next batch if necessary.
- Serve Hot.
Strawberry 🍓 Syrup
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 3 oz water
- Simmer strawberries until they break down about 10 minutes.
- The color will also change to a more vibrant red to reflect the transformation.