Got a banana laying on your counter that might be getting a bit squishy? If you have that banana hanging around you might be in for a treat. Utilizing ingredients most of us have hanging around our kitchen right now. These donuts are super moist and fluffy with a crispy outside. I decided to top mine with some powdered sugar and ate it up a few minutes out of the frying pan. It was an incredible bite.
These donuts are incredibly easy and incredibly amazing.Chef Brent
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 banana
- Powdered Sugar to sprinkle on donut
- Combine banana, egg, sugar, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix until combined avoid over mixing.
- Heat Vegetable oil in frying pan or skillet until you hit 325 to 350, 350 is ideal. Make sure you have enough oil in the pan that will allow your donuts to float and be easily flipped.
- The donuts are ready when they float and have a nice golden brown color.
- Finish with powdered sugar, or a nice glaze.
These donuts were really good and didn’t take long to make. If you want you could probably make them happen like right now!