This isn’t a philosophy blog and I stake no claim in being a philosophy expert. It is also quite possible that my opinion may not echo across the landscape of mankind. I’d like to think that my 20+ years of culinary expertise amounts to more than a bag of peas. The subject matter I bring before you today is this Is the act of having a “steak” more than just the act of consuming a deliciously juicy morsel of flavor heaven? If it’s not “steak” for you maybe it’s cake or that special dish someone makes you and changes the whole trajectory of your day. My point is this whenever I hear someone say can you make steak tonight or let’s have steak I think that it’s time to celebrate or be celebrated or maybe someone just wants to feel special?
So what is it about a steak that does this for people? I mean saying we are having chicken tonight doesn’t seem to have the same effect as let’s go have a steak. Some or possibly most of this might be related to the cost. It is much more affordable to grill some chicken than a delicious rib eye. Especially right now when I think I saw a loan application next to the rib eye section at the store yesterday. You could have the rib eye today for $5 but than you owe 10 payments of $10. Getting sidetracked a bit I suppose but what I’m saying is that although cost might be a big factor it’s not the only factor at least not from my perspective. My perspective involves what steak has meant during my life. Getting steak usely means good things have happened or we are celebrating good people. I think the act of having or asking for a steak means the request is about wanting more good things in our life. Nothing wrong with that I say. So when someone ask for steak do your best to comply with the demand. That steak means more to them than just a great choice in food.
- Delectable Salmon With Naval Orange And Ginger GlazeSalmon is a very popular choice when it comes to making fish for dinner. The flavor of a well-made salmon […]
- Succulent Pork Chops With Delicious Pan SauceCooking and passion = flavor! Other things come into the equation but the long and the short of the formula […]
- Pan-Seared Scallops With Blueberry GastriqueScallops are one of the great blessings of the sea. A glorious flavor profile that hits so many great notes. […]
- Pasta Packed With Of Layers Flavor!If your like me I get excited when new products hit the shelf at my local grocery store. The more […]
- Yummy Turkey Yam Hash browns With Egg and Cranberry SauceWhat to make for breakfast using leftovers from thanksgiving