This isn’t a philosophy blog and I stake no claim in being a philosophy expert. It is also quite possible that my opinion may not echo across the landscape of mankind. I’d like to think that my 20+ years of culinary expertise amounts to more than a bag of peas. The subject matter I bring before you today is this Is the act of having a “steak” more than just the act of consuming a deliciously juicy morsel of flavor heaven? If it’s not “steak” for you maybe it’s cake or that special dish someone makes you and changes the whole trajectory of your day. My point is this whenever I hear someone say can you make steak tonight or let’s have steak I think that it’s time to celebrate or be celebrated or maybe someone just wants to feel special?
So what is it about a steak that does this for people? I mean saying we are having chicken tonight doesn’t seem to have the same effect as let’s go have a steak. Some or possibly most of this might be related to the cost. It is much more affordable to grill some chicken than a delicious rib eye. Especially right now when I think I saw a loan application next to the rib eye section at the store yesterday. You could have the rib eye today for $5 but than you owe 10 payments of $10. Getting sidetracked a bit I suppose but what I’m saying is that although cost might be a big factor it’s not the only factor at least not from my perspective. My perspective involves what steak has meant during my life. Getting steak usely means good things have happened or we are celebrating good people. I think the act of having or asking for a steak means the request is about wanting more good things in our life. Nothing wrong with that I say. So when someone ask for steak do your best to comply with the demand. That steak means more to them than just a great choice in food.
- These Donuts Are BananasGot a banana laying on your counter that might be getting a bit squishy? If you have that banana hanging around you might be in for a treat. Utilizing ingredients most of us have hanging around our kitchen right now. These donuts are super moist and fluffy with a crispy outside. I decided to top […]
- Lamb Taco with Homemade Tortilla’sThe flavor of smoked lamb is fantastic on it’s own but when you add it to the magnificence that is the taco your going to elevate the taco to new heights. The lamb pares well with the sweetness and slightly tart apples throw in some onions and sautee. Since the lamb was already pre smoked […]
- Perfect Polenta With Roasted Tomato And Balsamic ReductionPolenta is an ingredient you want to get to know because it is both easy to prepare and versatile. Basic polenta has a ratio of 4 cups water to 1 cup polenta several pinches of salt and a few tablespoons of butter. The steps are quite simple as well. Boil the water, add salt, and […]
- The Logic Behind The Perfect SteakA perfectly cooked steak is a thing that causes people’s souls to sing and dance in euphoria. It is also very true that a perfectly made steak often contains minimal ingredients. The beauty of the steak often shines on it’s own. There are a multitude of blogs and post out there about the best way […]
- When is a Steak more than just a Steak?So what is it about a steak that does this for people? I mean saying we are having chicken tonight doesn’t seem to have the same effect as let’s go have a steak. Some or possibly most of this might be related to the cost. It is much more affordable to grill some chicken than […]